Not a soul can deny how important social media is, twitter is like a whole new dimension when it’s mentioned. Just like Instagram, people go a little crazy to build their accounts. They go through that process for many reasons. Excluding celebrities and famous people whose accounts grow because they’re adored by people all over the world, people spend time building their accounts for being popular, getting jobs, sponsorship, making friends, all of this and many more.
So, imagine spending time, building your Twitter account just to see that it’s been suspended for an action you may have taken, knowingly or unknowingly. Wouldn’t that piss you off?
Today’s article focuses on stuff we do that get our accounts suspended.
Twitter like every other platform, has a set of rules we’re supposed to abide by so as to live peacefully on the streets of twitter. To avoid Twitter “jail”, here are a few tips😁
- Repetition of posts: twitter like Instagram sees posting the same content or links continuously as spam, which most definitely would result to a negative outcome. To avoid your account getting blocked, use Twitter to post a wide variety of content.
- Watch your following/follower ratio; if your “following” exceeds your “followers”, then you’re at risk for suspension. As a general rule, don’t follow more than 107 percent of the number of people that are currently following you. If you have a hundred (100) followers, your following shouldn’t exceed a hundred and thirty five (135).
- Be active; twitter regularly suspends accounts that sit unused for six months or more. So, to avoid going to jail or getting suspended, use your account occasionally.
- Do not abuse hashtags: using a hashtag in your tweet indicates that it is part of a group of tweets.Tagging your tweets with unrelated hashtags is considered a misuse of the Twitter convention and can result in suspension.
- Do not abuse trending topics; trending topics are the most discussed topics on Twitter at the moment. A common tactic of spammers is to include an unrelated trending topic in their tweets simply to gain more exposure for their tweets.
- Don’t engage in aggressive follower churn; follower churn is the practice of following and then unfollowing a large amount of people at a time for the purpose of building up your Twitter following quickly, often through third-party Twitter automation software programs. Users that engage in this practice are at greater risk for suspension. But, if you must do this to build up your profile, be sure to do so with caution. Tweet Spinner is a Twitter automation tool that slowly and conservatively follows and unfollows users according to a rules-based system. They have prepared a great guide on how to use their tool effectively and ethically.
- No phishing or malware; do not post misleading links or links to malicious content, unless you want to get suspended.
In order to avoid lame situations and thoughts or statements like “Jack no get chill” or “Jack no like me”, kindly adhere to these rules and enjoy twitter fully without issues. Continuous “breakage” of these rules can led to your account getting suspended permanently.